12.24.2009

Peace, goodwill, and plenty of time for reading

If there's one thing we hear a lot around here it's, "So many books, so little time." We've had many requests for extra time, which, if we were able to sell that, we'd probably be multi-billionaires. During the holidays, time seems especially precious and rare, so one thing I look forward to every year is the day after Christmas, when there's nothing to do and nowhere to go; I can spend all day, if I like, curled up with a book. Over the past month or so, I've been stockpiling books that I want to read, saving them up as a Christmas present to myself. So far, I've got three young adult books, two kid's books, and three adult novels sitting in a tantalizing pile on the shelf. (Actually, I did cheat a little--I opened one early and started reading it last night!)

What will you be giving yourself for Christmas this year? And what do you look forward to, after the holiday rush is over?

Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment